Committee Secretary RA214
REDARTS is in its 27th year. As a not-for-profit community arts organisation, we are governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of a president, treasurer, secretary and committee members. We are seeking new Secretary to join the committee.
Some of the duties include:
- Attending monthly committee meetings (Early evening on a week night).
- Ensuring committee meetings are effectively organized and minuted.
- Maintaining effective records and administration functions.
- Upholding legal reporting requirements of the committee.
- Attending to inwards and outwards correspondence.
- Preparing and arranging the AGM.
- Be a signatory on accounts.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Previous knowledge and experience of Committee work is essential, but at least 3 months training handover sessions will be provided.
- Most importantly, we are looking for someone who would be reliable and committed to the role.
- A lap-top computer will be supplied.
- Apart from attending monthly meetings most work can be done from home.
- Good computer and communication skills.
- Be well informed of all organisation activities and able to provide oversight.
- Be a person who can develop good relationships internally and externally.
- Be forward thinking and committed to meeting the overall goals of the organization.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Committee Constitution, rules and duties of office bearers.
- Be able to work collaboratively with other Committee Members.
- Be a good listener and attuned to the interests of members and other interest groups.
- Be a good role model and a positive image for the organization in representing the committee in other forums.
If this sounds like a position you may be interested in, forward your expression of interest (along with a copy of your resume if we do not have it on file) to: email@example.com